Vision StatementEmpowering school leaders to form students as proactive instruments of unity and reconciliation in the Church and a global society.
Mission StatementTo extend and foster the teaching ministry of Jesus in the tradition of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Orange by nurturing and supporting relationships that influence Catholic education.
Value PropositionWeaving the charism of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Orange of unity and reconciliation in the fabric of Catholic education today.
HistoryEstablished in 1988, the CSJ Educational Network, a ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange, collaborates in the Church's mission of education through a network of Catholic elementary schools throughout California. Empowered by the Sister’s charism, the Network is committed to being builders of unity and instruments of reconciliation.
- Catholic Identity - We support a curriculum and environment based on Scripture, Tradition, the teachings and lived experience of the Catholic Church.
- Justice - We are called to participate in the mission of Jesus by reaching out to the global community and our earth with compassion and responsibility.
- Excellence - We foster personal and professional development, accountability, innovation, teamwork and commitment to quality.
- Dignity - We live and work in a manner that is deeply respectful of the uniqueness and intrinsic value of each person.
Annual FocusEach year emphasis is placed on one of the four core values or one of the particular directions identified by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange to raise awareness and to strengthen implementation of that value within the school communities.
- 2007-2008: Ecological Justice
- 2008-2009: Unity and Reconciliation
- 2009-2010: Standing with the Poor
- 2010-2011: Seven Key Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- 2011-2012: Jubilee Spirituality
- 2012-2013: Unity and Reconciliation
- 2013-2014: Builders of unity and instruments of reconciliation.
- 2014-2015: Global Awareness of Pope Francis
- 2015-2016: A Year of Mercy
- 2016-2017: Charism
- 2017-2018: Renewal
- 2018-2019: Lay Leadership in Catholic Education
- 2019-2020: Catholic Identity in Catholic Education
2018 - 2021 Strategic Goals
- Sustain Advisory Board’s participation and contribution
- Build and sustain relevant staff/organizational capacity
- Strengthen breadth, reach and scale for programs and services
- Expand membership to 25-30 members and enhance the membership value
- Fund 100% of programs through grants, contracts and individual giving
- Expand awareness and recognition of CSJ Educational Network’s brand and impact
- Develop and nourish key organizational relationships and partnerships that help advance the mission of the CSJ Educational Network under new leadership
Advisory BoardThe Advisory Board of the CSJ Educational Network acts as the guardian of the Network mission by:
- Supporting the Network staff
- Developing a personal and communal ownership of this ministry
- Planning for the Network’s future