Vision StatementTo influence and support, through the CSJ Educational Network, leaders and personnel who create environments that facilitate the spiritual, academic and socially conscious growth of students as compassionate, responsible and proactive members of the Church and world.
Mission StatementTo extend and foster Catholic education ministry in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange by nurturing and supporting relationships that influence Catholic education.
Value PropositionWeaving the charism of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange (unity and reconciliation) in the fabric of Catholic education today.
HistoryEstablished in 1988, the CSJ Educational Network, a ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange, collaborates in the Church's mission of education through a network of Catholic elementary schools throughout California. Empowered by the Sister’s charism, the Network is committed to being builders of unity and instruments of reconciliation. The Network promotes the core values of: Catholic identity, professional excellence, the dignity of all persons and educates for responsibility in a societal time of limited and unevenly shared global resources.
- Catholic Identity - We support a curriculum and environment based on Scripture, Tradition, the teachings and lived experience of the Catholic Church.
- Justice - We are called to participate in the mission of Jesus by reaching out to the global community and our earth with compassion and responsibility.
- Excellence - We foster personal and professional development, accountability, innovation, teamwork and commitment to quality.
- Dignity - We live and work in a manner that is deeply respectful of the uniqueness and intrinsic value of each person.
Annual FocusEach year emphasis is placed on one of the four core values or one of the particular directions identified by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange to raise awareness and to strengthen implementation of that value within the school communities.
- 2007-2008: Ecological Justice
- 2008-2009: Unity and Reconciliation
- 2009-2010: Standing with the Poor
- 2010-2011: Seven Key Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- 2011-2012: Jubilee Spirituality
- 2012-2013: Unity and Reconciliation
- 2013-2014: Builders of unity and instruments of reconciliation.
- 2014-2015: Global Awareness of Pope Francis
- 2015-2016: A Year of Mercy
- 2016-2017: Charism
- 2017-2018: Renewal
Advisory CommitteeThe Advisory Committee of the CSJ Educational Network acts as the guardian of the Network mission by:
- Supporting the Network staff
- Developing a personal and communal ownership of this ministry
- Planning for the Network’s future