Vision StatementEmpowering school leaders to form students as proactive instruments of unity and reconciliation in the Church and a global society.
Mission StatementTo extend and foster the teaching ministry of Jesus in the tradition of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Orange by nurturing and supporting relationships that influence Catholic education.
Value PropositionWeaving the charism of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Orange of unity and reconciliation in the fabric of Catholic education today.
HistoryEstablished in 1988, the CSJ Educational Network, a ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange, collaborates in the Church's mission of education through a network of Catholic schools throughout California. Empowered by the Sister’s charism, the Network is committed to being builders of unity and instruments of reconciliation.
- Catholic Identity - We support a curriculum and environment based on Scripture, Tradition, the teachings and lived experience of the Catholic Church.
- Justice - We are called to participate in the mission of Jesus by reaching out to the global community and our earth with compassion and responsibility.
- Excellence - We foster personal and professional development, accountability, innovation, teamwork and commitment to quality.
- Dignity - We live and work in a manner that is deeply respectful of the uniqueness and intrinsic value of each person.
Annual FocusEach year emphasis is placed on one of the four core values or one of the particular directions identified by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange to raise awareness and to strengthen implementation of that value within the school communities.
- 2008-2009: Unity and Reconciliation
- 2009-2010: Standing with the Poor
- 2010-2011: Seven Key Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- 2011-2012: Jubilee Spirituality
- 2012-2013: Unity and Reconciliation
- 2013-2014: Builders of unity and instruments of reconciliation.
- 2014-2015: Global Awareness of Pope Francis
- 2015-2016: A Year of Mercy
- 2016-2017: Charism
- 2017-2018: Renewal
- 2018-2019: Lay Leadership in Catholic Education
- 2019-2020: Catholic Identity in Catholic Education
- 2020-2021: Dignity, Justice and Excellence
- 2021-2022: Ecological Justice
- 2022-2023: Synodality - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
2021 - 2024 Strategic Goals
- Sustain Advisory Board’s leadership and support to the mission
- Build organizational capacity for scalability
- Build a technology infrastructure to enhance virtual member engagement and online program delivery
- Strengthen breadth, reach, and scale for programs and services
- Expand membership to 35-40 members
- Diversify funding sources
- Increase stakeholder’s awareness of CSJ Educational Network’s brand and impact
- Develop collaborative partnerships that help advance the mission of the CSJ Educational Network
Advisory BoardThe Advisory Board of the CSJ Educational Network acts as the guardian of the Network mission by:
- Supporting the Network staff
- Developing a personal and communal ownership of this ministry
- Planning for the Network’s future